18 January 2003

________________________________________________________________________________

Questions, I have questions. I know I'm going to betray some ignorance here but don't waters become international at 2 miles and thus not subject to laws of the U.S.A.or any of its constituent States? And why is it illegal to possess striped bass further than 3 miles from the coast? Are they a danger to the ecology within the 3 mile limit but a necessary element outside of it? If I catch my striped bass at 2.8 miles and my boat wanders over the line have I committed a crime or is it only a crime if they are denizens of the murky depths outside 3 miles which I have purloined? If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it does it have anything to do with the price of tea in China?

Somebody help me out here... I'M SO CONFUSED....

lammersk@yahoo.com

No comments: