03 July 2003




Did they round up the usual suspects? It appears that the U.S. Magistrate thinks so. He keeps putting the terrorist suspects back out on the street. Of course if the government cannot provide more than "The men are accused of training for combat while on paintball outings in the Virginia countryside" I'd probably put them back out on the street too.

Paintball? You're a terrorist because you play paintball?

Heck, I do things which are more suspicious than that1. I have Arabic books and music and I even peruse the Arabic online newspapers on occasion. The FBI must be scheduled to come crashing thru my door any moment (all I ask is that you don't shoot my dogs).



1 Never fear - the reason I do these things is that once upon a time the U.S. Army sat me down and told me "YOU WILL LEARN ARABIC, PRIVATE" and then used me for 6 years in various capacities before I left for college and law school. I'm Catholic and you might recall that there have been a few spats between Catholics and Muslims over the years. On the other hand there is the command "in hoc signo vinces;" maybe I could go out and become the world's first German-American, Southern, Catholic terrorist (note: for those of you at an alphabet agency or the DOJ - that is what is known as a joke).

.

No comments: