20 December 2003

Hunting Big Game:

Prosecutors are trying hard to get Rush Limbaugh's medical records. If his name was Bob Smith and he was a mid-level manager at IBM would this investigation be going on? Nope.



In the spirit of full disclosure, I must say that I am a fan. The local talk radio station carries 4 hosts whom I listen to as I drive around during the day. Rush is my favorite of the four. I don't always agree with him but he has a good show which is always interesting to listen to and usually attempts to reason things through.

Of the others I find Glenn Beck to be hit or miss but peppered with enough humor to keep it interesting. If you can find it his "Merry Christmas from the Nation Bar Association" bit is hilarious. I'm too cheap to subscribe to his site just to download it but it truly brightened my morning as I drove to court this week (the people in the car next to me must have thought I was a madman I was laughing so hard).

Michael Graham keeps me interested because he follows the local Richmond politics where there is plenty to pick at (what does it mean if the FBI hasn't arrested someone in the City government this week? The agents were on their Christmas break.). The only thing I don't care for is that sometimes he feels like he's taking a contrary position just to get an argument from callers.

And then there's Michael Savage. I only hear Savage while I'm driving home from the office at night (he comes on at 7 p.m.) and usually the channel gets switched to sports radio after 5-10 minutes. I just can't take it. The weird thing is that quite often he is advocating things which I believe in and he still manages to make me so mad that I can't listen any longer. That's hard to do.

No comments: