16 January 2004

My first reaction to this was "Oh, boy! I can bash prosecutors?!?" My second was "Oh, c'mon! You gotta be kidding."

Does this guy actually believe that the poor, put upon prosecutors need a break in dealing with us evil, malicious defense attorneys? I mean, I know when I walk into a courtroom all the power is in my hands and everybody is biased toward believing me and my client instead of the policeman and the prosecutor. But that's just me; I hear that other Defense attorneys maybe don't quite enjoy the same advantages.

Addendum:

Look, the great majority of you prosecutors are decent folks but you really cannot expect me to feel sympathy on the one or two cases out of thousands upon thousands where the worm is turned. Take solace, as soon as you finish the hard case things will return to normal and all the advantages will return to you.

No comments: