1. 95% of all criminals need public defenders. Now, I know you're all a little skeptical that the majority of people who break the law and/or have it enforced against them are poor. Nevertheless, I think there may be some truth to it.
2. A law in Australia does not allow accused to cross examine complaining witnesses unless they have an attorney to do it for them. In a case where two men chose to represent themselves it looks likely to cause the overturning of a conviction.
3. In Virginia you can still be convicted of criminal adultery. How sparse has your docket got to be to pursue this type of charge? I'd think it had to do with the fact that the wife is the Clerk but the prosecutor states this is not the first of these charges he's gone forward on.
4. A 14 year old runs out of money and tries to rob a bank.
5. The reason that picking up a prostitute is not a good thing: "20 nabbed in prostitution sting -- 15 men dressed as women."
6. "Since 2001, more than 50 people have died in the United States after being shocked by a [police] Taser."
7. As demand for heroin has been going up, the price of heroin has been going down.
8. If you are on the drug task force you cannot trade sex for leniency. It's frowned upon.