01 September 2004

Open and Notorious

Yesterday, I go to the Barnes and Noble to find something to read. I find a book and scoot out the door because I want to get back in time to watch the world series of poker.

As I exit the building, I notice that a (maybe 18 year old) male is standing on one side of the doorway looking chastised while an even younger looking girl is standing on the other side of the door yelling at him. I have to walk between them to exit the store and hear this snippet of their conversation:

Girl: . . . You're going straight? I don't believe it!

Guy (contrite): I have to give up marijuana anyway. . .

Girl: Yeah, but alcohol?

Guy: Alcohol always leads to me using marijuana . . .

Girl: That's no fun, you can't do that . . .

At this point I had gotten far enough away that discernible words faded. Still, I was able to hear her voice berating him until I got into my car.

I leave the social commentary to ya'll.

3 comments:

Windypundit said...

My condolences. Sounds like you're losing a potential client.

Anonymous said...

I'm with the chick; I don't believe it either.

Oh, you're not loosing a client; when he goes back to using, he'll use even more, and probably harder stuff.

Ken Lammers said...

She was really, really angry that he wasn't going to do any of it anymore. I give it to maybe the next weekend before she breaks him down.