05 November 2005

Around the Web

1) I knew there was a reason I didn't buy a hybrid - I didn't want a heart attack when an officer pulled up behind me and lit me up. via Volokh

2) In Russia they appeal jury acquittals.

3) And finally, we get to see the wizard behind the breath machine.

4) Most of the time when another defense attorney tells a difficult client story I have one which is almost exactly the same. However, I've never heard of the baking soda defense.

5) Aaarrrrggggg! shudder This story not suitable for reading by males.

6) Should prosecutors be required to explain their plea agreements? In most cases the answer is no. However, in Virginia the judge has to agree with the deal. If the prosecutor has agreed to a weekend in jail for a double homicide the judge is going to need to hear something.

No comments: