28 July 2006

Oh, the Humanity . . .

Not to be too picky, but why did Style highlight Joel Bieber's blog? Any number of attorneys get sold on these advertisement blogs, but they don't garner a readership base and eventually, after the businessman/lawyer realizes the very small benefit isn't worth the cost, they wither on the vine and die. Often, the first sign of this is sporadic posting; less than once a week is almost certainly a sign the blog is doomed. And he is definitely not the first lawyer in the Central Virginia area to put up a blog.

But, hey, what do I know, I've only been a lawyer publishing a blog in Central Virginia for three entire years before Mr. Bieber stuck his online.

Maybe I should take my blog and go to another part of the Commonwealth. It seems that nobody around here would notice if I were missing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

waaaaaaaahhhhh.....

Ken Lammers said...

Yep, that's me - crybaby numero uno.

Personally, I think I'm just jealous of the money he's making hand over fist. I'll be happy to switch: he can have my blog and I'll take his gazillion dollar PI practice.

Interested Joel?

Anonymous said...

I'd miss you Ken. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Bieber got the attention becuase he runs all those ridiculous commercials on the local channels - and his name sounds funny - Bieber, get it ? (think 5th grade humor)

Drew said...

It's quality not quantity that's important Ken. He might get a large hitcount from the Style ad but that'll drop off pretty quickly. Meanwhile you'll still have your loyal readership base. Cheer up mate - were're starting to feel unappreciated.

Ken Lammers said...

Now, now, don't get upset. I appreciate each and every one of my 6 loyal readers

Litigator said...

Does that make me seven? This article reminds me of that Senator that said the internet was made up of tubes. The "journalists" that wrote this article have no concept of what a blog is supposed to be.

Keep doing what your doing. You'll get the recognition you deserve. If not from punk wannabe writers from a local rag, you'll at least get the respect of your peers.

Signed,
Your everyday reader

Drew said...

Seven? Should he be able to count himself as his biggest fan?

D