02 December 2006

Shameless Self-Promotion...

I visited Ken at his new offices in Wise this past week and I mentioned that I won "Best Advocate" in my Appellate Advocacy class. For those of you who don't know, I am a 2L at the Appalachian School of Law in beautiful, downtown Grundy, VA. Below is a clip of my argument. My learned classmate an I were arguing a criminal case before the "U.S. Supreme Court". The issue was whether passive receipt of firearms constitutes "use" of those firearms in a "drugs for guns" transaction under 18 USC, Section 924(c). You can find my rebuttal to the government's argument at my website (still very much under construction).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was very dissappointed with your website. I didn't see the words "I will fight for you" anywhere.

Steve Armstrong said...

HA! How 'bout "We Mean BUSINESS!"
(I love that one, with Robert Vaughn!)

Tom McKenna said...

Steve Armstrong?? We'd better settle!