1) If you mandate that the laws get lenient, police may arrest people before the law changes.
2) Japan has discovered a shocking thing: there's more crime in cities than in rural areas and criminals take advantage of situations.
3) Y'know, having spent 6 months there once, I can say that I don't think Sharm El-Sheik would be a bad place to wait for trial.
4) Peeping up skirts via a see-through stairway in an Ohio courthouse.
5) The Global Commission on Drug Policy says to legalize it all. Because that's worked so well with oxycontin, hydrocodone, subutex, xanax . . .